CARING FOR AND WEARING YOUR JEWELLERY
- To help protect the durability and high-quality of your jewellery, remove your jewellery when you shower, bathe or engage in heavy exercise, particularly when swimming in the sea or a chlorinated swimming pool.
- All of our gemstones are natural and therefore can be vulnerable to absorbing dirt and to chipping. Settings may also become loose over-time.
- Avoid spraying perfume, applying creams or any other liquids directly onto your jewellery.
- Keep your jewellery away from extreme temperatures, humidity or sunlight.
- Avoid wearing your jewellery when using bleach, cleaning products and other chemicals.
HOW TO STORE YOUR JEWELLERY
- We highly recommend that you store your jewellery in the original Native Bond packaging provided or another suitably lined box or soft pouch.
- Ideally store your pieces of jewellery separately, so that they don't rub together or become tangled.
CLEANING PRECIOUS METALS
- To keep your jewellery looking like new and to remove the build-up of dirt and premature tarnish we recommend using a soft polishing cloth. Rub the piece in one direction rather than circular motions.
- A Silver cleaner can be used to clean Sterling Silver pieces but not 18ct Rose or Yellow Gold Vermeil.
- Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean metal as they can cause scratching.
- Since many natural gemstones can be quite delicate, hot water, harsh chemicals and cleaners should be avoided at all times.
- Clean your gemstones with a clean, soft, damp cloth after wearing.
- Very porous stones such as Turquoise, Howlite and Emerald should be cleaned using an untreated, dry, soft cloth only.
- Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean gemstones as they can cause scratching.
CLEANING ORGANIC COTTON BRACELETS
- The best way to clean the thread on your corded eco charm bracelets is to occasionally wash them with a soft sponge and mild soap in lukewarm water.
HOW TO PREVENT TARNISHING
- All our Sterling Silver product is protected with an anti-tarnish solution to help prevent tarnish but this may eventually wear with time.
- Silver tarnishes rapidly when exposed to certain substances in our everyday lives so we recommend caring for, wearing and storing your jewellery as mentioned above.